Friday, November 25, 2011

Where will you stop?

My parents recently went to Hoover Dam.  As I read their e-mail and they described this elaborate structure I was amazed.  As I thought about this it made me question how many elaborate "dams" I have built in my own life.  This dam stops water from being able to go where it would typically go.  It holds this water back.  I know that the Lord has made us with great potential.  Sometimes it may not take us exactly where we want, in fact, usually it takes me in a different direction than I had ever anticipated.  Many times as we discover where this path will take us it is scary.  We may even think that our "resources" could be used in a better way if we were to go a different route.  So, humans spent tons of money, time, and even lives building this dam.  How many have we built in our own lives that will block our potential?  Heavenly Father knows each of us better than we know ourselves and he knows what he needs us to do and to become.  He has a "mission" for each of us to fulfill and a misison that only we can fulfill.  I would encourage each of us to take a look at our life and where we are "dam"ming our own lives.  Then, the trick is to take down this elaborate dam that we've built and go where Heavenly Father wants us to go.  Are you up for the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment