Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fathers

Yet again, I'm super late posting this!  I guess you can say that I am truly a daddy's girl, so I figured I had better put something up for Father's Day.  I thought I would just quickly share a lesson that my dad taught me that reminds me a lot of our Heavenly Father.  When I had just barely got my driver's license I decided that I was going to surprise my dad and clean out his pick-up.  So, I pulled his truck into the driveway and cleaned it.  I worked hard to make it nice and clean. I vacuumed the carpet and scrubbed the dashboard.  I worked to get the seat belt holders out from under the seat.  I scraped up my arm trying to do this last task.  I got out quite satisfied with the work that I had done.  I did a double check to make sure that it looked as nice as it could.  When I was done I backed his pick-up back out to it's usual parking spot and something went terribly wrong.  I didn't check very closely what was behind me.  My brother had a rail for his skate board behind the truck at this point.  I ran over it and popped my dad's rear left tire.  You can imagine how stupid I felt.   My mom wasn't too happy and she made me call my dad and tell him what I had done.  When my dad answered the phone I began crying.  He asked what was wrong and I told him what had happened.  When I was done explaining my dad began laughing.  He said that it was fine and he was grateful for a clean truck.  I am grateful that my dad understood the intentions of my heart and not just my actions.  I had truly been trying to do something good, but I had ended up doing something wrong.  I know that our Heavenly Father is like this.  He understands the true desires that we have.  He knows what we are trying to accomplish and the outcomes.  He knows and understands us perfectly.  So often as I talk with people they feel he is a cruel God, but I know this to be false.  Our Heavenly Father loves us.  He wants us to be happy, just like our parents on Earth desire our happiness.  Your Heavenly Father loves YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment