Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mothers


I am a few days late in getting this posted, but I wanted to pay tribute to the amazing mother that I have in my life!  I am so grateful for all that she has taught me. 

We see the power of mothers in the Book of Mormon.  The story of the strippling warriors is one of my favorites.  This story is found in Alma 56.  My favorite verses are 47-48.  These verses state, "Now they never had fought yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.  And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it."

My mother has taught me equally important lessons.  My mom has taught me:
  • The Lord needs to be the center of our lives.
  • Life is fun.
  • Math isn't just for geeks
  • And either is science! :)
  • The scriptures are our best source of guidance.
  • Try your best ALWAYS!
  • Don't give up.
  • Patience.
  • The scripture stories are cool.
  • Work hard.
  • Get excited about things.
  • Laughing truly is the best medicine.
  • Sometimes life takes hard turns, but you keep going.
  • Believe in yourself.
  • I can do hard things.
  • Read the whole recipe before you start.
  • And so many more lessons I'm grateful my mom has taught me.
THANKS MOM!  I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment